Friday 2 December 2011

Christmas Plans


Oxford has a six week break from the beginning of December through the middle of January. Much as I would love to bask in the glory of California sunshine, the fact that I can fly to Madrid for roughly the same amount as it would cost me to take a train to Los Angeles, means that access to Europe is something I can’t afford to pass up. So my good friend Caroline and I will be cruising around Croatia and Italy for the first two months of December and I will be spending a week in Portugal in January. I probably won’t have much access to a computer so the blog will be silent for a time, followed by a flurry of posts when I return.

For those of you following along, here is the proposed itinerary:
Dec 3-6 Dubrovnik & Coast
Dec 6 Ferry to Bari           
Dec 7 Arrive in Bari and take a train to Naples
Dec 7-10 Naples/Pompeii/Sorrento
Dec 11-14 Rome/Vatican City
Dec 15- Pisa

We were supposed to go to Florence and Venice from the 15th-19th but now I need to return to Oxford for rowing training camp. Fortunately Florence isn’t going anywhere and while Venice may be sinking into the sea, hopefully it can hold it’s ground until I have time to travel again in the Spring.

I will be in Southern California from the 21st-31st for those of you who are around so shoot me an email if you want to find time to catch up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment